Picket beauty pageants
Despite the arguments made in favor of them. Beauty pageants do not provide scholarships for women, they award monetary prizes to women based on how they look in a bathing suit and heels.
Get together with friends and…
- Throw away or burn things like: bathroom scales, diet books, tapes or videos, calorie counters, tape measures, make-up, one-size-fits-all clothing, advertising that objectifies women etc.
- Celebrate national No-Diet Day on May 6th and spread the word to friends via social media like facebook, twitter and instagram.
- Take all of the foods you feel guilty about eating like chocolate, cake, candy, and chips and eat them with no shame.
- Stop dieting all together. Make a pact to avoid participating in diet culture. Instead eat healthy together by having meals with one another, take a yoga class or try crossfit, make a team and join a league to play ultimate frisbee. There is a difference between dieting and living a healthy lifestyle help remind one another of that.
Speak Out Against Size Discrimination
- Put pressure on companies that discriminate against fat people or force employees into weight-loss programs.
- Advocate against size discrimination in schools for children, teens, and young adults.
- Challenge attitudes –speak up when fat jokes are made in your presence.